Senior Access Program (SAP)
In partnership with local nonprofits, AHFC provides funds to allow senior citizens (those over 55 years of age) to make accessibility modifications to their homes, extending their ability to live independently in the community.
Grant Funding Availability
No funding is available at this time.
Interested households should contact the intermediary agency listed here that serves your community.
- The maximum amount available is $15,000 for those who own their own homes, $10,000 for seniors who reside in rental units, and $7,000 for a small, state-licensed assisted-living facility with five or fewer beds. Modifications cannot exceed $14,000 for a small state-licensed assisted living facility. The amounts do not need to be repaid. Funds must be utilized after other eligibility (Veterans, USDA, Medicaid, Medicare) requirements have been exhausted.
- Single-family homes up to fourplexes are allowed and should be the senior's primary residence.
- Applicants must be 55 years of age or older
- Must show documented need by a medical professional, caseworker or caregiver who is familiar with the individuals needs
- Must be able to prove ownership or provide a lease agreement from landlord
- Household income cannot exceed 100 percent of area median adjusted for household size
- The property must be the current principal residence of the eligible senior
- Application Instructions
- Intent to Apply Form
- Senior Access Program Policy & Procedure Manual (Version 12.19.2016)
Planner, Planning and Program Development
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 101020
Anchorage, AK 99510-1020