Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program
This program serves the Alaska 501 Continuum of Care program which includes all of Alaska outside the Anchorage municipal area. ESG is focused on addressing the needs of homeless people in emergency or transitional shelters to quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis and/or homelessness.
Grant Funding Availability
HUD has made a total of $5,056,709 available for projects that improve the homeless system response to COVID-19 in communities located within the AK-501 Continuum of Care. This includes all areas that are not part of the Municipality of Anchorage.
Application for ESG-CV funding is a two (2) step process. Applicants must (1) register for the online application system by submitting the requested information, and (2) submit an Application using the online application system. Applicants will NOT be eligible to apply for ESG-CV funding unless they have submitted a Notice of Intent to Apply form by the deadline.
- Up to $2,000,000 in funding is directed to Rapid Rehousing/Prevention funding. Five communities will be awarded up to $400,000 each. For communities with multiple applicants, the highest scoring project will receive funding.
- Up to $3,056,709 is available for Capital Improvements and / or Operations for emergency shelters. There is no minimum request amount for capital improvements or operations. The maximum award amount for each community is $1,000,000. For communities with multiple applicants, the highest scoring proposals will receive funding, up to the maximum allowable for the community.
Who May Apply
- Units of local government (except the Municipality of Anchorage)
- 501(c)(3) organizations (operating outside of the Municipality of Anchorage)
- ESG-CV Waiver CPD Notice 20-08
- Racial Disparity Assessment
- Levels of Environmental Review for ESG Components
- 24 CFR 576 Excerpts
- State of Alaska ESG Manual (COVID updates)
- ESG Waiver Notice
- Alaska Policies and Procedures Manual for ESG Grantees
- Alaska Policies and Procedures Manual for ESG-CARES Grantees
- AKHMIS Intake form for Families
- AKHMIS Intake form for Individuals
- Sample ESG Income Verification
- Sample ESG Eligibility Documentation
- Sample ESG Rent Reasonableness Form
- HUD Rent Reasonableness and Fair Market Rent Calculation Guide
- Lead Based Paint Screening Form
- Rental Assistance Agreement ESG Specific - VAWA and Notice
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
PO Box 101020
Anchorage, AK 99510
800-478-2432 (outside of Anchorage)