811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA) Program
Alaska Housing has been awarded $7.7M from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to provide rental assistance for up to 200 Alaskans with disabilities.
This program is a collaborative partnership between the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation and the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS). It provides both rental assistance and enhanced support services for tenants. Federal rental assistance is expected to last for the length of the program, a minimum of 30 years (subject to annual appropriation in the federal budget).
- DHSS coordinates tenant participation and supportive services.
- Alaska Housing will coordinate housing and property owner reporting/logistics.
- NeighborWorks Alaska has been contracted to screen applicants for eligibility and will be managing monthly rental assistance payments for landlords under contract.
Alaska 811 PRA Reference Materials
- AHFC and DHSS Inter-Agency partnership agreement
- AK-811 strategic, planning presentation September 2019
- Alaska Section 811 PRA affirmative fair housing marketing plan
- Alaska Section 811 tenant selection plan
- Alaska Housing Choice payment standards
Alaska Housing will coordinate with eligible PRA property owners to secure rental housing units for the PRA program and administer the rental assistance subsidies. Eligible PRA properties include:
- New or existing multifamily rental properties within Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau and the Matanuska-Susitna Valley.
- Properties that contain 20 or more units and are willing to obligate a minimum of five PRA units based on PRA eligibility criteria outlined in the reference materials below.
- PRA units that will be occupied by September 20, 2021.
811 Program Overview
- AK 811 PRA Tenant Selection Plan
- Part 1: Property owner rental assistance contract
- Part 2: Property owner rental assistance contract
- Environmental review record for Section 811 PRA properties
- Environmental review supporting documentation checklist
- Section 811 affirmative fair housing marketing plan
- Section 811 PRA program HUD required model lease
- Section 811 PRA program use agreement
For Sponsoring Agencies and Program Participants
DHSS will determine tenant program eligibility and make referrals directly to the PRA property owner for tenant selection. DHSS will also coordinate to provide supportive services to PRA tenants.
- State DHSS initial eligibility screening
- Sponsoring agency application
- Release of information
- Application instructions
Step Two: Program Application
- Application form
- Required documentation checklist
- Application instructions
Participating 811 PRA Properties
- Aspen Pines
- Ch'bala Corners
- Forget Me Not Manor - Juneau Housing First Collaborative
- The Mallary
- Merrill Crossing
- Old Mat Road
- TRAILPOINT | Mysite
- Fair housing frequently asked questions
- HUD handbook 4350.3
- Section 811 PRA program overview
- Limited English proficiency (LEP) executive order 13166
- Alaska Landlord Tenant Act
- Reasonable accommodation
Planning and Program Development Department
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 101020
Anchorage, AK 99510-1020
800-478-2432 (outside of Anchorage)