811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA) Program
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) has been awarded $7.7M from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to provide rental assistance for up to 200 Alaskans with disabilities. This Section 811 Project Rental Assistance program is an effective use of housing and health care resources to provide access to stabile housing for extremely low-income persons with disabilities.
This new program is a collaborative partnership between the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) and the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS). This program will provide both rental assistance and enhanced support services for tenants. Federal rental assistance is expected to last for the length of the program, a minimum of 30 years (subject to annual appropriation in the federal budget)
- DHSS coordinates tenant participation and supportive services.
- AHFC will coordinate housing and property owner reporting/logistics.
- NeighborWorks Alaska has been contracted to screen applicants for eligibility and will be managing monthly rental assistance payments for landlords under contract.
Alaska 811 PRA Reference Materials
- AHFC and DHSS Inter-Agency Partnership Agreement
- Alaska Section 811 PRA Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan
- Alaska Section 811 Tenant Selection Plan
- Alaska Housing Choice Payment Standards
AHFC will coordinate with eligible PRA property owners to secure rental housing units for the PRA program and administer the rental assistance subsidies. Eligible PRA properties include:
• New or existing multifamily rental properties within Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau and the Matanuska-Susitna Valley.
• Properties must contain twenty (20) or more units and be willing to obligate a minimum of five (5) PRA units based on PRA eligibility criteria outlined in the reference materials below.
• PRA units must be occupied by September 20, 2021.
811 Program Overview
- Property Owner Agreement to Enter into a Section 811 Rental Assistance Contract
- Part 1: Property Owner Rental Assistance Contract
- Part 2: Property Owner Rental Assistance Contract
- Environmental Review Record for Section 811 PRA Properties
- Environmental Review Supporting Documentation Checklist
- Section 811 Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan
- Section 811 PRA Program HUD Required Model Lease
- Section 811 PRA Program Use Agreement
For Sponsoring Agencies and Program Participants
HSS will determine tenant program eligibility and make referrals directly to the PRA property owner for tenant selection. DHSS will also coordinate to provide supportive services to PRA tenants.
- State DHSS Initial Eligibility Screening
- Sponsoring Agency Application
- Release of Information
- Application Instructions
Step Two: Program Application
- Application Form
- Required Documentation Checklist
- Application Instructions
Participating 811 PRA Properties
- Fair Housing Frequently Asked Questions
- HUD Handbook 4350.3
- Section 811 PRA Program Overview
- Section 811 PRA Program Guidelines
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Executive Order 13166
- Alaska Landlord Tenant Act
- Reasonable Accomodation
Planning and Program Development Department
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 101020
Anchorage, AK 99510-1020
800-478-2432 (outside of Anchorage)