Youth Summer Camp & Activity Scholarship
About The Scholarship
The Youth Summer Camp and Activity Scholarship makes it possible for young Alaskans to attend a summer camp, take part in an activity, or participate in a sport of their choosing. In 2022 AHFC celebrated 11 years of offering this scholarship, with awards of up to $500.00 per youth.
From swim lessons, to computer camps, to outdoor adventure trips, there are opportunities for all interests and abilities.
Looking for summer camp or activity ideas? Check out these options!
- ADN 2022 Summer Camps Guide for options in Anchorage, Mat-Su, and the Kenai Peninsula
- Summer Sessions & Lifelong Learning at UAF and this list of a variety of camps and activities for options in Fairbanks
- Zach Gordon Youth Services and Juneau Kids Summer Camp Guide for options in Juneau
"My brother and I would like to thank you for the scholarship to attend Camp Kushtaka. We absolutely loved going to camp. It was an incredible experience and our camp counselors couldn't have been more fun to be with. We loved all the activities and they were all fun! We can't thank you enough!"
— Gerica & Eli attended Camp-K through a Youth Summer Camp and Activity Scholarship
Photo courtesy Camp Fire Alaska
How To Apply
- Scholarship recipients must be ages 6–17 and reside in an assisted rental unit owned by AHFC or receive assistance through an AHFC housing voucher.
- Funds are available on a first come, first served basis.
- You can pick any summer camp, activity, or sport you choose.
- Eligible families can apply for scholarship assistance for up to two youths per household. One Family = One Application.
- Scholarships are up to $500 with a $25 co-pay per youth for the cost of the camp/activity and associated fees.
- When the application period is open, the application will be made available online and linked below. If you need a special accommodation for submitting an online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period for 2022 closed on June 30 at 5:00 p.m. Alaska time. We encourage you to apply next year!
What You Can Do
While you can choose any camp, activity, or sport you'd like, here are some examples from past participants.
- Alaska Club Swim Camp
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) Camps
- Campfire and Camp-K (originally called Camp Kushtaka)
- Adventure Treks
- Anchorage Museum Activities for Youth
- Sports (cheerleading, football, baseball, rowing, soccer, etc.)
- Summer camps in Anchorage, Mat-Su, and the Kenai Peninsula
AHFC has invested nearly $300,000 in Alaskan youth, and with the generous sponsorship of over 150 vendors has helped over 1,000 young Alaskans participate in enrichment activities.
For More Information
Please contact Aimee Wallum if you want assistance finding a camp or activity, need a special accommodation for submitting an online application, or have any other questions.
Phone: (907) 330-6108 in Anchorage or (877) 254-6257 toll free in the rest of Alaska