Apply Now for Youth Summer Scholarship!
With awards of up to $500.00 per youth, Alaska Housing's Youth Summer Camp and Activity Scholarship gives young Alaskans the opportunity to participate in fun activities, play sports and learn new skills.
“Not only do summer camps provide fun summer memories but these opportunities provide an environment for children to nurture and grow social skills, decision-making skills, teamwork and a strong sense of self,” said Aimee Wallum, an AHFC housing specialist who administers the scholarship.
The application period is now open until June 30, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Alaska Time.
- Scholarship recipients must be ages 6–17 and reside in an assisted rental unit owned by AHFC or receive assistance through an AHFC housing voucher.
- Funds are available on a first come, first served basis and limited to 2 children per household.
- You can pick any summer camp, activity, or sport you choose.
- Eligible families can apply for scholarship assistance for up to two youths per household. One Family = One Application.
- Scholarships are up to $500 with a $25 co-pay per youth for the cost of the camp/activity and associated fees.
Click here to check eligibility and apply.
The types of camps available are as varied as the interests of the youths who participate, and include science, technology, engineering, math or computers, as well as camps for art, musical theater and sports. Learn more about the opportunities available, and read about some unique experiences of past scholarship recipients below!
- Tumbling Toward A Dream
- Making Music and Memories in Summer Camp
- Kids Taking the Reins
- Flying High at Summer Camp
For More Information & Assistance
Please contact Aimee Wallum if you want assistance finding a camp or activity, need special accommodation for submitting an online application or have any other questions.
Phone: (907) 330-6108 in Anchorage or (877) 254-6257 toll free in the rest of Alaska.