Senior and Accessible Housing
Senior and accessible housing is available from Alaska Housing in Anchorage, Cordova, Fairbanks, Juneau, Ketchikan, Seward, Sitka and Wasilla.
These properties are comprised of one-bedroom units with elevator access. Amenities vary by building but may include access to community rooms, on-site property management, on-site service coordination and participation in resident councils.
Who is Eligible
Alaskans who are 62 years of age or older or residents with a disability whose income is at or below 80 percent of the area median income are encouraged to apply.
Families requiring accessible features in unit sizes larger than one bedroom should contact their local Alaska Housing office for availability and assistance with their application.
How to Apply
Applications for all Alaska Housing programs can be obtained at offices statewide.
Instructions for Completing Your Application
- Please print legibly or type.
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability. Write “NA” in all areas of the application that do not apply to you or any member of your household.
- Return your completed application to the Alaska Housing office in the community in which you wish to live.
- The application must be mailed or hand delivered. A fax is not acceptable.
- If you are mailing your application to Alaska Housing, please use the post office box address (if applicable).
- If you are applying for more than one community, fill out a separate application for each community.
- If you are approved for a waiting list, your place will be determined by the date and time your application is received, along with any verified preferences.
- Alaska Housing will notify you in writing of the status of your application.
- If your application is denied, you are entitled to an informal review.
A reasonable accommodation process is available to applicants requiring additional assistance due to a disability. Individuals can inquire at the local Alaska Housing office for information and assistance with these processes.