Family and Youth Resources
This collection of links and groups can help you find advice, activities, and other people to support your family and children during these uncertain times.
For Families with Children
- Alaska DHSS Guide to Child & Family Well-Being
- Beacon Hill Alaska Safe Families for Children
- Thread Alaska Family Resource Center
- Denali Family Services: Anchorage & Mat Su
- VOA Alaska: Behavioral Health for Youth Struggling with Substance Misuse
- NAMI: How To Ease Children’s Anxiety About COVID-19
- Action for Healthy Kids: COVID-19 Resources for Physical Activity, Nutrition, and More
- Alliance For A Healthier Generation: COVID-19 Resources for Parents & Caregivers
- Seven Free Family Fun Ideas to Try While Sheltering in Place
At Risk for Domestic Abuse
The COVID-19 pandemic can be extremely stressful for families, increasing the risk of domestic abuse. Below are helpful links for more information and where to turn for help.
If you are in crisis or immediate danger, please call 911 or your local crisis hotline for assistance.
- Families Displaced by Domestic Violence or Sexual Assault
- Alaska Legal Services Resources for Domestic Violence
- AWAIC - Abused Women's Aid in Crisis
- Catholic Social Services - Clare House shelter program
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Alaska Network on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
Editor's Note: Updated on April 22, 2020 and April 23, 2020 to add new resources.