Notice – The Anchorage Housing Choice Voucher Lottery applications
will be available March 1, 2018.
AHFC offers a variety of rental programs to accommodate the diverse housing needs of Alaskans and ensure that eligible low-income individuals and families have access to safe, quality, affordable rentals.
- AHFC uses the term “family” throughout the application; a family can be one or more persons.
- Security deposits or other rental expenses are a family’s responsibility.
- An AHFC representative can assist you if you have questions concerning your application.
If you, or a family member, is a person with a disability, you have the right to ask for a Reasonable Accommodation.
- If you would like more information on the Public Housing Division’s Reasonable Accommodation process, please visit our Fair Housing page.
- If you need assistance with the application process, please contact your local AHFC office.
Each AHFC office has specific items that are part of the application package. You can investigate each community’s waiting list status and required package from our Waiting List Status page.
Partner Application Packages (Direct Referrals)
These programs are not available directly through AFHC; families must apply through a referring agency. To find the referring agency in your community, please contact the local AHFC office.
- Empowering Choice Housing Program (ECHP)
- Making a Home Program (TBRA-Youth)
- Moving Home Program
- Returning Home Program (TBRA-Re-Entry)
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Program