Building and Energy Codes
Alaska Housing is here to provide support and resources to Alaska's housing developers, ensuring your project is energy efficient. We also offer specialized loans and grants for housing professionals.
By Alaska Statute, a home may only be financed by Alaska Housing when:
- The home meets Alaska Minimum Construction Standards as defined in Alaska Housing Construction Inspection Guidelines,
- The home meets the Building Energy Efficiency Standard (BEES), and
- The home is built by a general contractor with a residential endorsement to his or her contractor's license (exceptions may apply as in the case of an owner/builder).
More information regarding AHFC's building and energy codes.
2018 IRC / IECC and Alaska Specific Amendments
- 2018 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2018 IRC Alaska Specific Amendments
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2018 IECC Alaska Specific Amendments
- Significant changes to the 2015 IRC and IECC
- Significant changes to the 2018 IRC and IECC
- Estimated costs of the 2015 IRC code change
- Estimate costs of the 2018 IRC code change