Alaska Minimum Construction Standards
By Alaska Statute, to be eligible for AHFC financing, residential housing constructed on or after July 1, 1992, must meet the Alaska Minimum Construction Standards. The home must be inspected and certified that it meets appropriate building codes and construction techniques as defined in AHFC Construction Inspection Guidelines.
- AHFC New Construction Inspection Guidelines
- 2012 IRC Alaska Specific Amendments
- 2012 BEES Mandatory Measures Inspection Responsibilities
- 2018 IECC Alaska Specific Amendments
- 2018 IRC Alaska Specific Amendments
- 2009-2012 IRC Significant Changes
Meeting the statutory requirement may be difficult if a home is complete or partially complete and has not been inspected. AHFC will consider purchasing a loan for this type of property on a case-by-case basis if a "destructive inspection" is completed utilizing AHFC guidelines and procedures. Please note that acceptance of a destructive inspection is an exception to the rule as it is not AHFCs intention to encourage this type of construction inspection. Please refer to thefull text of AHFC Destructive Inspection Guidelines.