Pre-register Today for Homeowner Assistance
Are you an Alaska homeowner experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic? Pre-registration for Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance is now open. Learn more below and check your eligibility today.
What Is Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance?
Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance is federally funded by U.S. Treasury as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Designed to help homeowners avoid mortgage delinquencies and foreclosures, approved payments will be distributed by AHFC and its partners directly to Mortgage Servicers and utility companies.
Why Should I Pre-register?
Pre-registering allows homeowners who have been impacted financially by COVID-19 to see if they are eligible to receive assistance. It also allows you to start providing important information, saving time when the application period officially opens on March 14, 2022.
- Monday, February 28, 2022: Pre-registration opens
- March 14, 2022: Application period opens
- Monday, April 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. AKST: Application period closes
Who is Eligible?
Basic eligibility requirements are listed below. You can quickly and securely determine your eligibility by using our online eligibility checker.
You must be a homeowner and applying for aid in your primary residence that is located in Alaska. You must also meet minimum federal and state requirements, including:
- Experiencing a coronavirus-related financial hardship after Jan. 21, 2020
- Not exceeding the maximum household income as required by the U.S. Treasury
- At least one person per household must be directly or indirectly financially impacted by COVID-19
- Demonstrated risk of housing instability or homelessness
Homeowner Assistance covers a range of owner-occupied properties, including single-family homes, condominium units, manufactured and mobile homes, and others. Learn more here about Homeowner Assistance and how it can help you, your family and friends, or your neighbors.
What If I Have Questions?
The pre-registration period is a perfect time to learn more about Homeowner Assistance. A list of frequently asked questions is available here to help provide some insights about the program and the process.