HAPPP Accepting Grant Applications for Housing Projects
Builders and developers who have housing projects in Alaska that are ready to break ground or be completed in 2023 may be eligible for additional funding through a grant from Housing Alaskans: A Public-Private Partnership (HAPPP).
HAPPP is accepting grant applications for “top- off” funding of up to $150,000 for new construction and rehabilitation housing projects.
Deadline: June 4, 2023
The grant funding is intended to provide funding quickly for housing projects ready to break ground or to be completed in 2023. This initial “top-off” investment opportunity is completely independent of all future HAPPP funding opportunities.
The application deadline is Sunday, June 4, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
- Up to $150,000 is available per application
- The project must be breaking ground or scheduled to be completed in 2023
- Grants are open to housing projects in Alaska
- Projects can serve a population with incomes up to 120% of average median income
- Grants may be used for new construction or rehabilitation of existing housing units and may be rental or ownership units
The goal is to help reduce Alaska’s housing shortage by increasing the state’s housing inventory. The HAPPP grants are designed to deliver funds to projects that require a small amount of money to break ground or complete a project this year.