Financial Resources and Your Housing
Mortgage Options for Homeowners
We understand that these are unprecedented times, and many Alaska homeowners have questions.
We encourage you to continue making your mortgage payments. But if you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have an AHFC mortgage, we have authorized mortgage forbearance for up to 60 days.
Please contact your mortgage servicer immediately. AHFC servicers will suspend late charges, credit bureau reporting, and foreclosures and evictions on occupied properties through June 30, 2020. These actions allow AHFC mortgage holders to stay in their homes during this crisis.
Options for Renters and Landlords
Do you receive rental assistance from Alaska Housing through our Housing Choice Voucher Program? We're here for you during this difficult time. You can apply for reduced rent if necessary.
Landlords can click here for information on how we're helping voucher recipients continue to make their rent payments.
Are you short on food or in need of other help? Alaska 2-1-1 is your one-stop resource for finding assistance. It’s free, confidential and available in many languages.
Questions about your lease? Problems with your rental unit? Call the Alaska Legal Services Corporation helpline to speak to an attorney for free. Click here to learn more.
Reducing Utility Costs
- Information about Free Internet Access with GCI
- AHFC: Save Money by Saving Energy
- Financial Hardship Statement Form
Debt Relief and Credit Reports
- Credit Card Payment Relief
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Temporary Relief
- Free Credit Reports Supported by Federal Law
- The Cost of a Bad Credit Score
Sources of Relief Funding
- Alaska's Unemployment Insurance Program
- AHFC Guide to Economic Impact Payment
- Unemployment Benefits Finder from CareerOneStop.org
- CFPB Guide to COVID-19 Economic Stimulus
- Stimulus Check Calculator
- Where to Get Financial Help During the COVID-19 Crisis
- 4 Steps to Spending Your Stimulus Check Wisely
Online Money Management Tools
- Mint Budget Tracker & Planner
- LearnVest - Make Progress On Your Money
- Online Envelope Budgeting with Mvelopes
- Budgetpulse Free Personal Finance Software
Educational Resources for All
- Budget Spreadsheet Tool
- Debt Getting In Your Way?
- Behind on Bills?
- Your Money, Your Goals
- Nine Modules of Financial Education
- The Basics of Financial Education
- University of Wisconsin Coop. Extension Program
- Public Service Site by Khan Academy & Bank of America
- Public Service Site by Wells Fargo
- USAA Financial Education Foundation
- Financial Empowerment by the National Disability Institute
Editors Note: Updated on April 22, 2020 to add more links to Sources of Relief Funding, and on June 3, 2020 to reflect updated foreclosure and eviction moratorium date. Updated on June 5, 2020 to add ALSC legal helpline information and Hardship Statement form.