Financial Resources and Your Housing
Mortgage Options for Homeowners
We understand that these are unprecedented times, and many Alaska homeowners have questions.
We encourage you to continue making your mortgage payments. But if you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, please contact your servicer immediately.
Options for Renters and Landlords
Do you receive rental assistance from Alaska Housing through our Housing Choice Voucher Program? We're here for you during this difficult time. You can apply for rent relief if necessary.
Landlords can click here for information on how we're helping voucher recipients continue to make their rent payments.
Are you short on food or in need of other help? Alaska 2-1-1 is your one-stop resource for finding assistance. It’s free, confidential and available in many languages.
Questions about your lease? Problems with your rental unit? Call the Alaska Legal Services Corporation helpline to speak to an attorney for free. Click here to learn more.
Reducing Utility Costs
- Information about Free Internet Access with GCI
- AHFC: Save Money by Saving Energy
- Financial Hardship Statement Form
Debt Relief and Credit Reports
- Credit Card Payment Relief
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Temporary Relief
- Free Credit Reports Supported by Federal Law
- The Cost of a Bad Credit Score
Sources of Relief Funding
- Alaska's Unemployment Insurance Program
- AHFC Guide to Economic Impact Payment
- Unemployment Benefits Finder from CareerOneStop.org
- CFPB Guide to COVID-19 Economic Stimulus
- Stimulus Check Calculator
- Where to Get Financial Help During the COVID-19 Crisis
- 4 Steps to Spending Your Stimulus Check Wisely
Online Money Management Tools
- Mint Budget Tracker & Planner
- LearnVest - Make Progress On Your Money
- Budgetpulse Free Personal Finance Software
Educational Resources for All
- Budget Spreadsheet Tool
- Debt Getting In Your Way?
- Behind on Bills?
- Your Money, Your Goals
- Nine Modules of Financial Education
- The Basics of Financial Education
- University of Wisconsin Coop. Extension Program
- Public Service Site by Khan Academy & Bank of America
- Public Service Site by Wells Fargo
- USAA Financial Education Foundation
- Financial Empowerment by the National Disability Institute
Editors Note: Updated on April 22, 2020 to add more links to Sources of Relief Funding, June 5, 2020 to add ALSC legal helpline information and Hardship Statement form, December 1, 2020 to add new Municipality of Anchorage Voucher Program application link, and on December 3, 2020 to add APL MiFi link, February 10, 2021 Updated link to rent relief. Updated on February 25, 2021 to remove link to the Municipality of Anchorage Voucher Program, as the program expired December 13, 2020 and link was reported broken on February 25, 2021.