Deadline April 4th for Homeowner Assistance
If you are a homeowner experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for mortgage and related assistance.
The application period for Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance closes Monday, April 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. AKDT.
How To Apply Before The April 4, 2022 Deadline
You can find out if you qualify in less than five minutes by using our eligibility checker. If you qualify, you’ll be invited to submit an application. The deadline is coming up fast so apply today.
Note: If you have already pre-registered for the application you do not need to register again. Check your email for a message from Alaska Housing Finance Corporation. In that email is a link to proceed with your application.
What Is Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance?
Alaska Housing Homeowner Assistance is federally funded by U.S. Treasury as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Designed to help homeowners avoid mortgage delinquencies and foreclosures, approved payments will be distributed by AHFC and its partners directly to Mortgage Servicers and utility companies.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
You can quickly and securely determine your eligibility by using our online eligibility checker.
- You must be a homeowner and applying for aid in your primary residence that is located in the State of Alaska.
- You must satisfy minimum federal and State of Alaska requirements:
- Have experienced a coronavirus-related financial hardship after Jan. 21, 2020;
- Not exceed the maximum household income as required by U.S. Treasury;
- At least one person per household must be directly or indirectly financially impacted by COVID-19;
- Demonstrated risk of housing instability or homelessness.
ELIGIBLE OWNER-OCCUPIED PROPERTIES INCLUDE:
- Single-family attached and detached properties
- Condominium units
- Manufactured homes permanently affixed to real property and taxed as real estate
- Mobile homes not permanently affixed to real property
- Land contracts
- 1 to 4-unit properties where the homeowner is living in one of the units as a primary residence
ALASKA HOUSING HOMEOWNER ASSISTANCE MAY INCLUDE:
- Financial assistance to help homeowners reinstate a mortgage in forbearance, delinquency, or default;
- Repaying homeowner expenses including property taxes, hazard insurance premiums, HOA/condominium dues, cooperative maintenance fees, and a portion of ongoing payments for homeowners who continue to experience financial hardships due to COVID-19.