New Education Scholarships up to $2,500
AHFC encourages families to advance their career goals through an Education Scholarship. Successful applicants can receive assistance up to $2,500 to help them achieve a variety of career goals — from technical training to college tuition.
Learn more about eligibility and the application process below and apply before May 31, 2021!
- Applicants must reside in an assisted rental unit owned by AHFC, or receive assistance through a Housing Choice Voucher.
- Adults may apply if they wish to attend a vocational, trade, or academic school.
- High school seniors may apply if they plan to attend a vocational, trade, or academic school in the 2021 Fall semester after graduating high school.
Eligible Schools & Use
The school must be located within the State of Alaska. Funds may be used to cover tuition, books, and activities directly related to the student’s education.
Funding can be used for training on a specific topic — such as a culinary class, welding program, or computer training — as well as professional development, like a travel career academy. Long-term formal educational endeavors in a one, two, or four-year college program are also eligible. Any training or academic institution recognized by the following will qualify:
- Alaska Post-Secondary Education Commission Eligible Schools & Programs
- Alaska Dept of Health & Social Services Approved Institutions (By Division)
- Alaska Dept of Labor, Eligible Training Providers List (ETPL)
Application Process & Deadline
Submit your online application, including all required materials, by May 31, 2021 at 11:59pm Alaska time. Any application received with missing or incomplete information will not be accepted, and AHFC will not consider any applications received after this deadline.
For More Information
Learn about selection criteria, how funds are distributed, and more here. If you have questions about the program or need assistance, please email Mandi Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907) 330-6185 in Anchorage, or toll free at (877) 254-6257 in the rest of Alaska.