Apply Before May 31 For $2500 Education Scholarship
The application period closes soon for the Alaska Housing Education Scholarship. Check your eligibility and apply before May 31, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Alaska Time. Awardees can receive up to $2,500 to help pay for tuition, books and fees directly related to their education.
Funding can be used for training on a specific topic — such as a culinary class, welding program, or computer training — as well as professional development, like a travel career academy. Long-term formal educational endeavors in a one, two, or four-year college program are also eligible.
Check Your Eligibility
- Applicants must reside in an assisted rental unit owned by Alaska Housing, or receive assistance through an AHFC housing voucher.
- Adults may apply if they wish to attend a vocational, trade or academic school.
- High school seniors may apply if they plan to attend a vocational, trade, or academic school in the semester after graduating high school.
- The school must be located within the State of Alaska.
Gather Needed Materials
Along with your application, you'll need to provide:
- Two Letters of Recommendation: These should be from teachers, employers, property managers, caseworkers or friends explaining why they support your application.
- Written Essay: You'll be asked to describe your educational, vocational, or economic goals, and involvement in community or other self-sufficiency activities.
- Academic Record: This requirement is for continuing students only — individuals who currently attend a high school, trade or vocational school, or college/university. If you are a high school senior applying for post-secondary school, you'll submit a copy of your most recent report card. If you already attend a post-secondary school, you'll attach your most recent transcript.
Submit Your Application
There are detailed instructions in the application about how to submit all your materials online. Any application received with missing or incomplete information will not be accepted, and AHFC will not consider any applications received after the deadline.
The application period for 2023 closed on May 31 at 5:00 p.m. Alaska time. We encourage you to apply next year!
For More Information
Please contact Mandi Manning if you have questions about the program or need assistance.
Phone: 907-330-6185 in Anchorage, or 877-254-6257 toll free in the rest of Alaska
Editor's Note: Updated May 31, 2023 to note application period closure.