Apply for Emergency Broadband Internet Assistance
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has launched a temporary program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and more.
About The Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers. The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Haga clic aquí para ver un video informativo en español.
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How To Apply
Check your eligibility, find a participating provider, and apply online.
You can also apply by:
- Contacting your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process, or
- Calling 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it along with copies of documents showing proof of eligibility to the address below. After receiving an eligibility determination, households can contact their preferred service provider to select an Emergency Broadband Benefit eligible service plan.
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
For More Information
You can learn more about the benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, by visiting www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit, or by calling 833-511-0311.