Apply Before April 30 For Anchorage Voucher Waitlist
April 25, 2023 at 8:30am in Community, Homelessness, Public Housing, Renting
Find out if you are eligible and apply before Sunday, April 30, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. to be on the waitlist for a Housing Choice Voucher in the Municipality of Anchorage, Girdwood, Eagle River, Eklutna and communities in between.
Housing Choice Vouchers help low-income households, older Alaskans, and individuals with disabilities afford safe housing. You are able to find your own housing, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments — including housing suitable for larger households.
<< Click Here To Learn More & Apply >>
- Housing Choice Voucher eligibility is based on income.
- Families whose income is at or below 50 percent of the area median income are encouraged to apply.
- The maximum income varies depending on the size of your household. There is no minimum income requirement.
Click here to calculate your income eligibility — it's quick and easy!
Housing Choice Vouchers are distributed through a waiting list process.
- To be considered for inclusion on the waiting list for an Anchorage Voucher, you must submit an application before Sunday, April 30, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Alaska Time.
- Every applicant has an equal opportunity to be ranked at the top of the list whether you apply on the first day or the last day of the month.
For More Information
- Get step-by-step instructions on how to apply.
- Review Anchorage Voucher FAQs.
- Learn more about how Housing Choice Vouchers work.
- If you would like more information about Reasonable Accommodations, or need assistance with the application process, please contact AHFC at 907-330-6100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.