Up to $2,500 Available in Education Scholarships
Alaska Housing encourages families to advance their career goals through an Education Scholarship. Successful applicants can receive assistance up to $2,500 to help them achieve a variety of career goals — from technical training to college tuition. Click here to read how the Education Scholarship helped one Alaskan earn degrees that could build his professional development.
Learn more about eligibility and the application process below. The application period is open from April 15, 2022 until 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2022.
- Applicants must reside in an assisted rental unit owned by Alaska Housing, or receive assistance through an AHFC housing voucher.
- Adults may apply if they wish to attend a vocational, trade or academic school.
- High school seniors may apply if they plan to attend a vocational, trade or academic school in the fall 2022 semester after graduating high school.
Eligible Schools & Use
The school must be located within the State of Alaska. Funds may be used to cover tuition, books and activities directly related to the student’s education.
Funding can be used for training on a specific topic — such as a culinary class, welding program or computer training — as well as professional development like a travel career academy. Long-term formal educational endeavors in a one, two or four-year college program are also eligible. Any training or academic institution recognized by the following will qualify:
- Alaska Post-Secondary Education Commission Eligible Schools and Programs
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services Approved Institutions (By Division)
- Alaska Department of Labor, Eligible Training Providers List (ETPL)
Application Process & Deadline
The application period for 2022 closed on May 31 at 11:59 p.m. Alaska time. We encourage you to apply next year!
For More Information
- Learn about selection criteria, how funds are distributed and more here.
- If you have questions about the program or need assistance, please email Mandi Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-330-6185 in Anchorage, or 877-254-6257 toll free in the rest of Alaska.
Editor's note: Application link removed on 6/1/22 at the closure of the application period.