Greater Opportunities for Affordable Living (GOAL)
The GOAL program provides grants, federal tax credits and zero-interest federal loans to developers and project sponsors who build affordable rental housing for low- to moderate-income families and seniors.
The program is open to for-profit corporations, nonprofit agencies and regional housing authorities. The following three programs fit under the GOAL umbrella:
- HOME Investment Partnership Act
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Senior Citizens Housing Development Fund (SCHDF)
Grant Funding Availability
AHFC is currently accepting pre-applications for the SFY 2013 region-specific GOAL funding to develop new affordable housing in Juneau. Pre-applications must be submitted via email to AHFC no later than 4:30 p.m. on January 28, 2013. Information regarding the pre-application process, as well as the pre-application teleconference to be held on January 14, 2013, is included in the below SFY 2013 Region-Specific GOAL Pre-Application Narrative file.
- 1/23/2013 - SFY 2013 Region-Specific GOAL Notice of Funding Availability and Criteria
- 1/23/2013 - Questions and Comments through Jan. 22, 2013 - Juneau Round
- 1/14/2013 - Region Specific (Juneau) GOAL Teleconference
- 12/18/2012 - SFY 2013 Region-Specific GOAL Pre-Application Form
- 12/18/2012 - SFY 2013 Region-Specific GOAL Pre-Application Narrative
Application Materials from the most Recent GOAL Competition
These materials are provided for illustrative purposes only. All official GOAL application materials are updated for each annual cycle and are housed in AHFC's online application system.
- 8/29/11 - FY12 GOAL NOFA and Instructions (PDF 608KB)
- 8/29/11 - GOAL Application Workbook (PDF 608KB)
- FY 2012 Assisted Living Workbook (1.3MB)
- GOAL Program Overview (PDF 608KB)
- GOAL Program Project Profiles (PDF 608KB)
- See the GOAL Download Page for reference materials.
Daniel Delfino, Planner
Planning and Program Development Department
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 101020
Anchorage, AK 99510-1020