Requests for Comment
The Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) is soliciting comments for changes to the current allocation plan for the GOAL Program, referred to as the Rating Criteria and Award Plan (QAP). Any changes will become effective during the FY 2020 GOAL Cycle. The QAP currently covers the allocation of four funding sources, the Low Income Housing Tax Credit, the HOME Investment Partnership Act, the National Housing Trust Fund, and the Senior Citizens Housing Development Fund. GOAL Program funding is designed to provide affordable housing for lower income households, seniors and special needs populations.
Comments are due by 5:00 p.m. April 26, 2019.
AHFC is interested in comments on all aspects of the QAP. Potential changes under consideration by AHFC:
- Re-evaluating the scoring incentives and thresholds for Solar Photovoltaic energy systems;
- Removing the scoring incentives for Solar Thermal and Geothermal energy systems;
- Specifying unit-rounding and scoring conventions for fractional values;
- Re-evaluation of scoring weights and ranges used to assign points;
- Other changes to ranking criteria used in the FY 2019 round based on public comments and staff recommendations.
AHFC held a public hearing on April 10, 2019.
Comments must be submitted via e-mail to Andy Petroni at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. Anchorage time on April 26, 2019.
AHFC complies with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Individuals with disabilities who may need auxiliary aids or special modifications to participate in the public comment process should call Andy Petroni at (907) 330-8275.