Housing Choice Voucher Opening, Anchorage
On April 1, 2023, Alaska Housing Finance Corporation will accept applications for placement on its Housing Choice Voucher wait list in Anchorage. The Housing Choice Voucher program allows an eligible family to select a unit in the private market to rent, and AHFC pays a portion of the family’s rent directly to the landlord. The voucher jurisdiction is the Municipality of Anchorage and includes Girdwood, Eagle River, Eklutna and communities in between.
- Applications will be accepted from April 1, 2023 until April 30, 2023.
- Each applicant family may submit only one application. Duplicate applications will be withdrawn.
- Date and time of application submission will not factor into the applicant’s final placement on the waiting list.
- Every applicant has an equal opportunity to be ranked at the top of the list.
- Once the application period has closed, selected applicants will be given a confirmation number. The confirmation number will determine the applicant’s waiting list position.
- Once the application period has closed, all applicants will be notified of their selection status.
- Housing Choice Voucher applications for Anchorage must be submitted online at https://www.ahfc.us/tenants/rental-programs/waiting-list-status
Review the eligibility requirements and sign up to get notified by email when the application opens.
Applicants with questions may call the Anchorage Family Investment Center at 907-330-6100. AHFC complies with all Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity nondiscrimination laws.
Posted March 13, 2023. Revised March 17, 2023 to add link for notification sign-up.