Preparing to Interview
Interviews feature your personal brand — from appearance to etiquette, from confidence to curiosity about their organization, your brand shows in everything! Take time to prepare and practice with a friend, job coach, or online.
Plan to ask questions — in many interviews, you will be asked — and if you have none, you may be thought of as unprepared or uninterested in the position. Knowing what questions you will be asked is difficult but you can prepare for the common ones. Watch videos below for specific situations. Remember that the interview is a time to see if you 'fit' the company and the position. Recruiters want to know you, your personality, and your interest in the company.
HOW DO I PRACTICE FOR THE INTERVIEW IN ADVANCE?
- Do a Mock Interview
- 5 Interview Confidence Building Tips You Forgot
- Preparing for a Job Interview
- The Best Job Interview Preparation Video (this speaker discusses researching the company and thinking about the interview process)
HOW DO I GET MY CLOTHING AND APPEARANCE READY FOR AN INTERVIEW?
- How to Dress for an Interview (Men and Women)
- Job Interview Lookbook — What to Wear to a Job Interview (for Women)
- Blue Collar Jobs: Men's Wardrobe for an Interview
- Grooming and Hygiene