Building Monitoring System
You cannot manage what you dont measure, and what you dont manage can cost you. This is one reason the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) developed a free open source building monitoring system that measure real-time energy use and provides a complete summary of operating performance. The system is able to track building occupancy, temperature, electricity, and fuel use as well as access data from multiple sources, including established weather stations, building automation systems, databases, and other points.
AHFC realized close to 18% energy and cost savings after installing a building monitoring system on their Anchorage office building. To explore the AHFC near real-time building data visithttps://bms.ahfc.us.
To learn more and access the free building monitoring system source code and detailed installation instructions visithttps://code.ahfc.us/energy/bmon.
AHFC Building Monitoring System Benefits:
- Single Interface Access from any web-connected computer
- Data Graphing Explore multiple options to display data; including graphs, spreadsheets, scatter plots, and more
- Programming Download the relatively easy, non-proprietary and open source system for free
- Monitoring Dashboard Give access to multiple operators with different capabilities to monitor the visual dashboard
- Energy Costs Monitor real-time energy flows, determine the energy costs of specific systems and identify cost-saving opportunities