Home Energy Rebate
Homeowners may receive up to $10,000 for making energy-efficient improvements.
- The program is open to all owner-occupied, year-round Alaskan homeowners.
- There are no income requirements.
- Only one rebate per dwelling will be given.
- Homeowners pay upfront and are then reimbursed for making the eligible improvements.
- Before ("As-Is") and after ("Post-Improvement") energy ratings are required.
- Homeowners may participate again if they have moved into a new primary residence after two years from the date of their last rebate check.
How to participate
Go to www.akrebate.com, or call 877-257-3228.
If you already participated, please take the survey.
Getting your second energy rating
The second energy rating is also known as a "Post" or "Post-Improvement" rating, and should be scheduled after improvements are completed. Sign up at AKREBATE, or call 877-257-3228.
financial Help to make energy improvements
Don’t miss out on Federal tax credits for energy efficiency. Go to the Energy Star Website.
COMPLETE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE PROGRAM AND REQUIREMENTS
- Home Energy Rebate Consumer Guide (PDF 3.3MB)
- Home Energy Rebate Program Guidelines (PDF 298KB)
- Home Energy Rebate Condo Factsheet (PDF 114KB)
- HER-1 Application and As-Is Reimbursement Form (PDF 124KB)
- HER-2 Post Reimbursement and Rebate Form (PDF 117KB)
- Municipality of Anchorage notice for permitting and inspection (PDF 516KB)
- Taxes and Rebates (PDF 153KB)