The following resources will help you better understand yourself and your career goals. You can then use this information to find jobs that are good fit for you, and to describe yourself to potential employers.
WHAT DIRECTION MIGHT BE BEST FOR MY SUCCESS?
- Steps in Your Career Search — Where Do I Start?
- My Reemployment Plan: Career Exploration Using CareerOneStop
- Which Career is Right for Me?
- AKCIS Occupations and Industries (requires zip code for login)
- My Next Move (What do you want to do for a living?)
- Alaska Job Center (formerly ALEXsys)
HOW DO I DETERMINE MY JOB READINESS?
- My Reemployment Plan: Analyzing Values and Interests
- Career Search Skills Assessment
- Skills Assessment
- Work Values Assessment
- Interests That Apply to Finding a Job That You Like to Do
- Essential Computer and Software Skills Assessments
WHAT FIELDS OF WORK APPEAL MORE TO ME?
HOW SHOULD I DESCRIBE MYSELF TO EMPLOYERS?
Use the results of the assessments you have taken and describe the following: