The information below is for those wishing to apply for a Housing Choice Voucher to rent in the Anchorage area, including Girdwood, Eagle River, Eklutna and communities in between.
- Eligibility to receive a Housing Choice Voucher is based on income. Families whose income is at or below 50 percent of the area median income are encouraged to apply. The maximum income level varies depending on the size of your household. There is no minimum income requirement. Click here to calculate your income eligibility.
- This application period is open specifically for those wishing to utilize a Housing Choice Voucher to rent in the Anchorage area, including Girdwood, Eagle River, Eklutna and communities in between. Families that are not currently living within the Municipality of Anchorage but plan to move into the area may also be eligible to apply.
For step-by-step instructions on how to apply through RentCafé, click on the link below that applies to you.
- New User: If you are a first-time applicant to AHFC rental assistance program waiting lists (Housing Choice Voucher, Public Housing or Multifamily Housing programs), click here.
- Current AHFC Applicant Or Participant Without A Registration Code: If you have applied to an AHFC rental assistance program (Housing Choice Voucher, Public Housing or Multifamily Housing programs) in the past or are a current participant and did not receive a Registration Code letter in the mail, or lost your registration code, click here.
- Current AHFC Applicant Or Participant With A Registration Code: If you are already on an Anchorage-based waiting list or program and received a Registration Code in the mail, click here.
A reasonable accommodation process is available to applicants requiring additional assistance. Click here for more information.
The application period to apply for placement on the waiting list for a voucher in the Municipality of Anchorage will be open from April 1 to April 30, 2021.
- Every applicant has an equal opportunity to be ranked at the top of the list whether you apply on the first day or the last day of the month.
- Once the application period closes, 4,000 applications will be randomly selected for final placement on the waiting list.