Greater Opportunities for Affordable Living (GOAL)
The GOAL program provides grants, federal tax credits and zero-interest federal loans to developers and project sponsors who build affordable rental housing for low- to moderate-income families and seniors.
The program is open to for-profit corporations, nonprofit agencies and regional housing authorities. The following funding programs administered through the GOAL program:
- HOME Investment Partnership Act
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Senior Citizens Housing Development Fund (SCHDF)
- National Housing Trust Fund
The GOAL program’s competitive funding round is administered on an annual cycle. The round generally begins in late May to early June with pre-application registration. Pre applications are due in mid-July. Market Studies are commissioned from the pre-application materials and usually received in mid-August. The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and invitations to submit a full application are generally published in early September. An applicant training will be held at the AHFC headquarters, usually in early October. The application deadline is in mid November with the Notice of Intent to Award usually published by the end of December.
Special GOAL rounds may be conducted as funding becomes available. These NOFAs will be published through this site and AHFC email list serves.
More specific guidance for each of these events will be publish to this site as each event approaches. The most recent application materials are available below. These materials will be updated as newer versions are published.
FY 2019 GOAL Program Application Materials
- FY2019 GOAL Pre-Application Form
- FY2019 GOAL Pre-Application Instructions
- FY2019 GOAL Pre-Application Workbook
- Program Overview
- Program Project Profiles
- GOAL Program Rating and Award Criteria - Effective 06-27-2018 (QAP)
- See the GOAL Download Page for reference materials.
Andy Petroni, Planner
GOAL Program Manager
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 101020 Anchorage, AK 99510-1020
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Novogradac & Company LLP
- National Housing & Rehabilitation Association
- National Council of State Housing Agencies