Home Energy Rebate
Did you know the AHFC Home Energy Rebate might cover up to $10,000 in energy improvements for your home? You could save up to 50% a year in energy costs. Is there any better way to celebrate?
The Home Energy Rebate program is a participating partner in the Department of Energy’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is a systematic approach to improving energy efficiency and comfort in homes. ENERGY STAR is the simple choice for energy efficiency. To learn more visit ENERGY STAR’s website.
Already participated? Let us know about your experience!
The AHFC Home Energy Rebate Program, funded by the Alaska State Legislature, provides Alaska homeowners (regardless of income) up to a $10,000 rebate for pre-approved energy efficiency improvements, including materials and contracted labor.
You may be eligible if:
- You own a home in Alaska and live in it year round.
- Your home does not have previous improvements done through the AHFC Home Energy Rebate program, New Home Rebate or Weatherization Program.
- You have not received an AHFC Home Energy Rebate on a previous home in the last two years.
- Please note that there are NO income requirements.
- Condo owners are also eligible but should review the condo fact sheet
Sign up online or call 877-257-3228.
We highly recommend reading our step by step document before you get started. You need to be prepared to pay for and complete the entire process within 18 months of your first home energy rating. For all the rules be sure to read our program guidelines.
You may be eligible for an AHFC Home Energy Loan for Energy Conservation, which can help cover the cost of the inspections and repairs.
For more information, contact:
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Real Estate Telephone Loan Center (RETLC)
P.O Box 196613
Anchorage, AK 99519-6613
- Be sure to refer back to the step by step document before you get started.
- Be sure to follow the receipt guidelines outlined here
- AHFC also offers Energy Improvement classes all across the state. Check out current classes!
- If you live in Anchorage, make sure to check with the Development Services Department at 907-343-8211 to find out if the type of improvements you plan to make will require permitting or inspection.
- You also have access to the AHFC Research Information Center which contains hundreds of helpful documents and videos as well as contact information.