AHFC is proud to offer several loan programs in honor of our veterans. Qualified veterans may purchase owner-occupied single-family residences and, with certain restrictions, a duplex, triplex or fourplex. Long-term financing is also available for owner-built, newly constructed, single-family homes.
Qualified veterans may be retired or active duty personnel.
Effective May 30, 2006, a veteran must apply to AHFC within 25 years of his/her date of discharge from "active duty service." (Active duty service is full-time duty, not including training.) Active duty service in the U.S. Armed Forces, U.S. Armed Forces Reserves, Public Health Service, NOAA, or service as a cadet with the U.S. Military, Air Force, Coast Guard or Naval Academy may meet requirements.
Active duty personnel must have completed their initial military obligation. If retired, discharged or released from active duty, separation must have been under conditions other than dishonorable.
- A copy of the borrower's DD 214 and Certificate of Veterans Eligibility or Title 38 letter is used to determine eligibility.
- If there are two unmarried borrowers, both borrowers must be qualified veterans.
- Duplex, triplex and fourplex properties must be at least five years old and occupied as a multi-family residence for at least five years.
- Veterans may also qualify for the veteran's exemption under the Tax-Exempt First-Time Homebuyer Program.
- Qualified veterans can receive a one percent interest rate reduction on the first $50,000 of the loan amount. Veterans must meet "State Vet" income limits.
- Affordable Housing Enhanced Loan Program
- Energy Efficiency Interest Rate Reduction
- Interest Rate Reduction for Low-Income Borrowers
- State Veterans Interest Rate Preference
How to Apply
Veterans may contact the following agencies for additional information about programs and benefits.
- Department of Veterans Affairs
1201 N. Muldoon Road
Anchorage AK 99504
- Office of Veteran Affairs
4600 DeBarr Road, Suite 180
Anchorage AK 99508
907-334-0874 or 888-248/-3682
- Anchorage Vet Center
4400 Business Park Blvd., Suite B-34
Anchorage AK 99503
907-563-6966 or 877-927-8387
- Fairbanks Veterans Center
540 4th Avenue, Suite 100
Fairbanks AK 99701
907-456-4238 or 877-927-8387
- Kenai Veterans Center Outstation
43299 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 4
Soldotna AK 99669
907-260-7640 or 877-927-8387
- Wasilla Veterans Center
851 E. West Point Drive, Suite 102
Wasilla AK 99654
907-376-4318 or 877-927-8387