Second Mortgage Programs
Finance home improvements or maximize your energy conservation with AHFC's second mortgage programs.
Second Mortgage Program
Borrowers may obtain a second mortgage to finance home improvements or purchase a home in conjunction with an assumption of an existing AHFC loan and make repairs if need be.
- The maximum loan amount with a new appraisal is $318,075.
- The maximum loan amount with an alternate valuation is $100,000.
- The maximum loan term is 15 years.
- Individual program guidelines apply.
How to Apply
- Contact anapproved lender.
AHFC Second Mortgage Program for Energy Conservation
Borrowers may obtain financing to make energy improvements on owner-occupied properties. Borrowers select from the list of energy upgrades included with the energy audit of their home performed by anAkWarm-certified Energy Rater. All improvements must be completed within 365 days of loan closing (improvements not listed may not be included in the loan).
- The maximum loan amount is $30,000.
- The maximum loan term is15 years.
- The interest rate is the Taxable Program or Rural Owner-Occupied 15-year interest rate plus 0.500. Go to Interest Rates
For forms and instructions, see the attached Second Mortgage Program for Energy Conservation.
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Real Estate Telephone Loan Center (RETLC)
P.O Box 196613
Anchorage, AK 99519-6613