AHFC Privacy Statement
The Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) website is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you a safe and secure online experience. By using the AHFC website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. This statement addresses the collection, use and security of, and access to information that may be obtained through use of AHFC's website.
This statement covers:
- Information Collected
- Use of Your Personal Information
- AHFC Social Media Posting Standards
- Contact Information
If you visit our website to browse, read or download information, we automatically collect and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The type of information collected includes:
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. This is the numerical address assigned to your computer as you use the Internet and the associated name (e.g. xyServiceProvider.com or your.school.edu);
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited the site;
- The web pages or applications you accessed; and
- The Internet Protocol Address of the website from which you visited prior to coming to this site (such as www.yahoo.com), typically called the referrer address.
If you choose to identify yourself when you contact us electronically via email, online forms or applications, we may collect personally identifiable information including, but not limited to:
- your email address,
- address and/or
- telephone number.
The information collected is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us.
Use of Your Personal Information
If you visit our website to browse, read or download information, the information is collected so that we can better maintain statistics on our website and in turn provide you with better services and data, better ease of site navigation, and a more enjoyable website experience overall.
If you choose to identify yourself when you contact us electronically via email, online forms or applications, we use the information you provide to respond appropriately to the situation. This may be to:
- respond directly back to you,
- address issues you identify,
- participate in a program or computer application,
- share your comments with attribution with others,
- analyze and track user comments and feedback to further improve our website, or
- forward the information to another agency for appropriate action.
Most of your communications with the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation are considered part of the public record and may be subject to disclosure under AS 40.25.110 - 40.25.120. Personal information obtained through the AHFC website is governed by AS 40.25.300 - 40.25.350. It requires notice when collecting personal information that may become part of the public record.
Within specific agencies, the use and disclosure of personal information may have additional State statues or regulations that apply. In those situations, the specific statue or regulation that authorizes or regulates the information collection or use should be cited.
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity on this website that asks for information. These activities may include, but are not restricted to sending an email, registering or participating in an email list or participating in a voluntary application or form. If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will in no way affect your ability to use any other area of our website.
The Alaska Housing Finance Corporation website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a simple text file stored on your computer by your web browser. They provide a method of distinguishing among visitors to a website. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by the web server that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize AHFC website pages, or register with an AHFC website or services, a cookie helps to recall your specific information on subsequent visits or keeps track of your current visit status. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same AHFC website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the AHFC website services or websites you visit.
AHFC Social Media Posting Standards
Social media sites owned by Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) are maintained and monitored by employees of AHFC. The mission of AHFC is “to provide Alaskans access to safe, quality and affordable housing.”
AHFC welcomes discussion on its accounts and monitors posts to maintain community standards. Comments or posts that include content from the list below will be removed without additional notice, and as an independent agency of the State of Alaska, any comments or posts made to AHFC sites are subject to State of Alaska Open Records laws or federal Freedom of Information Act requirements.
To the extent that design parameters of the host site allows, AHFC pages will conform to the following:
- Be identified as an AHFC posting
- Contain appropriate contact information
- Contain AHFC logo where appropriate
- Have a link to the appropriate page of AHFC website
- Specify that all content, comments, and replies posted will be subject to Alaska Open Records laws, AS 40.25.110 and federal Freedom of Information Act 5 U.S.C. § 552.
User content generated on AHFC’s pages shall:
- Respect copyright and fair use laws;
- Not cite or reference customers or suppliers without their approval;
- Adhere to applicable privacy laws/standards for public housing and other AHFC clients;
- Contain a legal disclaimer;
- Not use vulgar, offensive, threatening, or harassing language;
- Not engage in political or religious advocacy or commentary or support or oppose any ballot issue or candidate for office;
- Not promote or advertise any businesses or commercial enterprises, unless they are providing support to AHFC services;
- Obscene comments;
- Comments unrelated to the topic of the forum;
- Commercial promotions or spam; and
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion.
Content that is posted by third parties and does not adhere to this policy may be removed without additional notice.
The Alaska Housing Finance Corporation website welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that the main AHFC website has not adhered to this statement, please contact:Soren Johansson
Public Relations Manager
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 101020
Anchorage, AK 99510
If you do not believe the personal information concerning yourself maintained by AHFC is accurate or complete, you may file a written request for the information to be changed. The request must provide the details required in AS 40.25.310.